Begin Main Content Area

Register Your Municipality

Before applying for a Keystone Grant for Public Library Facilities, municipalities must already have (or obtain) the following numbers to complete a grant application:

  1. Administrative Unit Number (AUN): An AUN is a nine-digit number assigned by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) to identify entities such as libraries, school districts, intermediate units, higher education institutions, professional education associations, etc.  Because the Keystone applicant is a Municipality, municipalities must register for an AUN in order to submit a Keystone application. You cannot use another entity's AUN.

    To request an AUN, send an email to containing the official name and address of the Municipality, the name and title of a contact person there, and the following statement: I am requesting an AUN as a municipality in order to submit a Keystone Grant application through the Office of Commonwealth Libraries.

    You must obtain this number before setting up an eGrants administrator account. Be sure to complete this step as soon as possible, as the AUN is required to set up access the Keystone application.

  2. Pennsylvania Vendor Number: This number is required for organizations that receive payments or grants from the Commonwealth. 

    Most municipalities should have this number already. You can verify an already existing vendor number on the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Supplier Lookup Tool.

    If you are registering for the first time, visit the PA Supplier Portal 

    For questions about Pennsylvania Vendor Numbers, review the Pennsylvania Office of the Budget's Non-Procurement Vendor Help  or contact the Vendor Data Management Unit at

  3. Unique Entity ID (UEI)A 12-character alphanumeric identifier used in and other federal government systems as a way to identify a unique entity.  Those who are new to can register their entity or just get a Unique Entity ID by signing in to and selecting "Get Started."

    If you are a sub-awardee who just needs a Unique Entity ID for subaward reporting, choose "Get Unique Entity ID."

    If you want to bid directly on contracts or grants from the federal government, choose "Register Entity."

    The next time you need to update your entity information or renew your entity registration, go to your workspace to validate your entity informationLearn how here.

  4. Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN):  A 9-digit code used by businesses in order to classify and identify them as a taxpayer, for banking services and other official and legal purposes.  More information regarding FEINs can be found on the IRS website.