The State Library of Pennsylvania's Purpose and Core Values
We collect, preserve, and connect government, libraries, and residents to the information and resources they need to build a successful Pennsylvania.
- We care about what we do and the services we provide.
- We are enthusiastic about the possibilities for the State Library.
- We are dedicated to the profession of librarianship.
- We encourage patrons to use the library and to share their experiences, bringing in new patrons.
- We respect and value each person and their work; we listen, seek to understand, and acknowledge each person without bias.
- We act ethically and with transparency.
- We value privacy.
- We are accountable for our actions.
- We strive for honest and clear two-way communications at all levels.
- We strive to be the best with consistency, accuracy and flexibility.
- We believe Pennsylvania should have the best service and access to information.
- We encourage lifelong learning for ourselves and others and support the curiosity of our patrons.
- We value collaborative relationships.
- We strive to be an example of government that works.