Sign Up for eSignatures
Before applying for a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, organizations should decide if they want to use eSignatures in the eGrants system.
eSignatures streamline the LSTA agreement and contract signing process by not requiring you to manually sign and mail grant agreements. Instead, authorized individuals sign documents electronically in eGrants and submit them online. This makes the commonwealth’s contracting process faster and it reduces copying and postage costs.
The use of eSignatures is voluntary. If your organization does not want to use eSignatures, it can still print, manually sign, and mail grant agreements.
Sign Up Before You Submit an Application
Before using eSignatures, your organization must:
- Have an eGrants Agency User Administrator account; and
- Sign-up for eSignatures before submitting an LSTA grant application.
- Processing of the eSignature Resolution does not prevent applicants from submitting the application for Peer Review. However, it is recommended to submit the Resolution for the eSignature prior to submitting the grant application for timely processing.
How to Sign Up
- Ask your board of directors to adopt the required eGrants eSignature Resolution. The resolution identifies and authorizes the library director to sign electronic documents on eGrants. Remember, the resolution must be adopted as is and processed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) before a grant application can be electronically signed:
- The resolution must be:
- Completed and adopted as it is written;
- Signed by the appropriate board officers in blue ink;
- Attested to by the governing body’s secretary; and
- Signed by the authorized person in blue ink.
- Mailed to (the original resolution document signed in blue ink):
Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
Office of Commonwealth Libraries
333 Market Street, 14th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17126
- Update or create a user profile for the authorized signer in eGrants. Remember, the authorized signer’s user profile must already exist for PDE to complete the eSignature process.
- PDE will not accept photocopies or scanned/emailed Resolutions.
If you have any questions about eSignatures, contact the Bureau of Management Services at email@example.com.